Sunday, May 31, 2009

Can you just taste that summer...


There are a few things about North Carolina that I could really get used to.  One of them being The amazing Strawberry Fields!  I used to hear people talk about strawberry patches and thought that it would be fun....but when you have Fields it is the funnest thing that a kid and a bucket could ever do (next to playing at the beach of course)!  Have you ever eaten a freshly picked strawberry...it is amazing.  There is something about the smell of the air and the sun warming those delicious strawberries...they literally melt in your mouth! But I think the best part is the joy that you see on those kids faces as they find "the biggest, reddest, yummiest treasure in the whole field...and then they find another, and another, and yet another!  

3 comments:

My Little Spoons said...

How fun...you guys look like you had a great time. You are so domestic....homemade jams and pies!! You are awesome HOLLY!!! Love you.

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Oh my Goodness! My mouth is watering! I love strawberries! And our giant Costco container we buy weekly doesn't compare to those beauties! How Fun!!!

Kathryn said...

My mouth is watering too! Yummy!

Our Fabulous Five