Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

We thought we'd share a little bit of our Tom Sawyer production with all of you! It was seriously one of the funnest things that I have ever been a part of! I couldn't have painted a more ideal picture. Here we sat at the amphitheatre on the banks of the Cape Fear River watching The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. It was picturesque...the sound of the water rushing by, the sound of the cicadas (they aren't much to look at but they sound pretty cool) and during the production we had little lizards crawling across the wooden seating in front of our picnic blanket and large frogs jumped around in the grass and below the stage (I'm ignoring the fact that there were probably plenty of snakes too). Once the sun went down and the gnats stopped sticking to our faces and the sweat dwindled from the 100+ degree weather and High humidity the nights were flawless and the skies were speckled with fireflies. The production was put on by Snyder Memorial Baptist church and the 3 lead rolls (Tom Sawyer, Becky Thatcher and Huck Finn) were all members of the LDS church as well as the composer, Charis Duke. Hailey was Becky Thatcher and Hannah was a Robber. They performed August 7-9, 2009 at the Sol Rose amphitheatre in Fayetteville NC.

I wish I could put up more but oh well! I am pleased to announce that I was able to finish editing the complete show and that was quite an undertaking...but it's done and in the memory books!! Hope you all like it!



11 comments:

dianne said...

so awesome!! I'm so proud!! Love you so much!!!

ak3bpaxton said...

Too fun! Sorry I wasn't able to go...

Megan said...

She has a great voice! Very talented:)

My Little Spoons said...

Yeah...you two were fabulous!!! Love ya.

Kathryn said...

Oh, those girls. They're going to go places.

Jill said...

You guys were great! Wish I could have been there!

Shauna said...

That was wonderful!! I have been anxiously awaiting this post. You girls are so talented! You must get it from your mom. Way to go!!!

Anica said...

I am still sad I missed this! Thanks for the short video. Hailey and Hannah did great. Wish I could have seen more! And you already have it in the memory books-you are amazing!

Unknown said...

Wow...they have some talent, so proud of them. Miss you all so much.

Lisa Brown said...

I am still bummed that I wasn't able to see it in person. It looks awesome!

Annie said...

What fun! You guys were awesome!!!

Our Fabulous Five