Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Welcome to Virginia!!

Here are some pictures of our FIRST REAL vacation!  We had a lot of fun and saw a lot of very beautiful places in Virginia!

First we visited Busch Gardens...thank you Uncle Sam!!  This is very fun place, very well kept and a whole lot of fun for everyone!!
We arrived at the park at 10 am and left at closing 9pm!  




It was a long day and everyone slept like a rock that night!

We visited a Military Family beach in Chesapeake Bay on Fort Story!  We found crabs and Josh chased the seagulls and had fun burying people in the sand!
We scored and rented a trailer for 3 nights!  It was so fun!  The kids absolutely loved the experience.  We visited the Cape Henry Lighthouse and the kids got to go all the way to the top of the retired light house!
We rented a couple of paddle boats...which I remember riding in at Lagoon as a little kid once.  I remember it being so fun...that must be because I wasn't the one pedaling.  It was still fun but next time I think I'll take the canoe!!  I could not figure out how to steer that dumb thing for nothing...but Hailey stepped in and rescued me!  It gives me hope for when she starts driving! (you realize that is only 6 years away, right?)

9 comments:

My Little Spoons said...

OMGosh....so fun!!! What great pictures. Wow...there are so many that I absolutely love, Hailey and Hannah on the beach, Alyssa and Aubrey on the rides, Josh's cute boy smile on the beach!!! Fun times, I am so glad you got to do this. Even though I would have loved a visit, I know you needed this time to just be a family of 7. Love, love, love it!!!

My Little Spoons said...

Did I tell you I love it?? LOVE IT!

Anica said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you all had a great time on a much needed vacation!
Could you show me sometime how you take the color out of your pictures and keep one object in color...it looks so neat!

ak3bpaxton said...

Love it!!! I'm so happy that you guys got to take a fun family vacation. The only bad thing about vacations...eventually they end and you have to come home!

Kathryn said...

Oh, how fun! I love the pictures.

Jennifer said...

Looks like so much fun. Thanks for sending me the invite. I love it!

Shauna said...

That sounds like you had a really cool vacation! I'm so happy you guys got to get away. You deserve to spend some time just as a family. We love you and miss you.

Lisa Brown said...

What a fun vacation! And a great idea that I will have to remember for us to do sometime.

KA said...

I love the pictures. Do you think you could give me a few tips? I think we've come full circle. Love it!

Our Fabulous Five